Go Read This

WRITER PEOPLE. Well, anyone actually. 

Go read this post by Kristan Hoffman. Go read it right now. 

"Because the success given by others is never as enduring as the success bestowed by our own hearts."

Sometimes, you need to hear someone else say it. This very sentiment has been my pressing on my heart lately. It's the "zen" place I've landed in my writing journey. 

You can worry about how people receive what you write, if you'll ever write anything else, if you'll ever sell anything else, but the very most important thing is how you feel about what you do day to day. On the inside, where only you can see. Are you happy, wholly happy, with the thing you've chosen to create? Have you answered your calling? 

This is what I think people mean when they say they write for themselves. At the end of the day, you're left with you. If you've given it everything you have, whether another soul likes it or hates it or even reads it, you're untouchable. 


  1. Oh bless you! I needed this today! I cant even tell you how much!

  2. A very helpful reminder that I needed today. Thanks, Myra!

  3. Wow. Thank you SO much for posting this! I really needed it today, also :)

  4. Myra, thanks so much for the link love. Also, your comment made ME want to cry. I really appreciate it, and I'm glad my words resonated with you. :)

  5. *GRIN* Thank you, Miss Myra.


Tell us everything: