9/01/2011

HOURGLASS News!

I am so excited to share that HOURGLASS is going to be REPRINTED!

Meaning Egmont is making more of them!

Because you fabulous people bought the other ones they made!!!!!!!!

I've had two hours of sleep in the past forty hours, so I'm a wee bit delirious, but I really can't tell you how much the reprint means to me, or how the support of so many of you encourages me every day.

To everyone who's bought HOURGLASS, recommended it to a friend, bought copies for others, encouraged book clubs to read it, posted a thoughtful review on Amazon or a blog - to booksellers who handsell it, and sales reps who encouraged booksellers to buy it - to librarians who ordered it and who put it in kid's (and adults!) hands ... I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I told my agent and editor when I heard the news I felt like I'd just received "Exceeds Expectations" on my O.W.L.s! (Harry Potter joke, in case you're wondering.)

Now I'm going to get back to revising the sequel, and ride this happy wave to keep me awake and pressing on toward the goal! (Which today equals revising 7000 words. AND THAT'S CRAZY PANTS.)


funny celebrity pictures - My patronus is a Time Lord
see more Lol Celebs

34 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's fantastic news. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUZZAH!!!!!!! Very happy about this news, you deserve it *hug* I need to read that sequel like WOAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Hourglass being reprinted! I'm so excited for you (even if I haven't had a chance to read your book yet). =)

    Orchid
    The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Myra!

    Your welcome, I enjoyed every bit of HOURGLASS! :D

    -ML

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! I've pushed the book on as many people as possible. Even my non-YA reading friends have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, guys! It sure makes the revision load a little lighter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations!
    I am happy for you,and your familly to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Congrats Myra! That's awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to you too...for being an amazing writer.
    (Love the question of your little one about the back crack...they're so cute at this age...but grow up too fast!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such wonderful news, Myra! Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. YESSSSS!!!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Could not happen to a more deserving book/author! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray!!!

    Also, that patronus pic? BEST. THING. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!! That's awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! It's one of my favourite books of the year! By the way, can you share the title for the sequel yet? (It's a two-parter, if I remember correctly, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good for you, my dear. I'm still looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your patronus is hot. Oh, and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats. On both the reprint and your choice of patronus.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, thank you, thank you all again!

    Deadline is in one week, and then I swear to return to the land of the living!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wahoo!!!!! Awesome news. Good luck with revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome news, Myra! So proud and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this book! This is making my favorite list!! From the very first chapter I was hooked! Of course, I am a sucker for time-travel stories and this one is the best I've read so far! Wow! The plot was so original, intense and enjoyable!! Everything about this story had me captured, from the mysteries surrounding the time-traveling and the Hourglass, to the dynamic and delicious characters and their tragic stories!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: