7/18/2011

Reset Button

Today, I'm pushing the reset button.

For the past six months, every post except for two involved author interviews, Hourglass news, or - I am so sad to report - a picture of an LOLCat.

*hangs head in shame*

It's not that I haven't had things to share. I've just had no idea how to share them. There's a lot of *WEIRD* involved with a book release. Put that on top of a deadline on top of wacky family business on top of a dog bite on top of a major life epiphany. (More on the dog bite later. I took pictures. More on the epiphany, too, but without pictures.)

I think most of you visit here because you are readers or writers. (Or because you're my husband, and I forced you.) So if I have a definition/goal for this blog, it would be:

I will talk about reading, writing, and the frequent situations in which my family embarrasses me or I embarrass them. Sometimes I'll post author interviews. Sometimes I'll give things away. But I want my blog to be less about promotion and more about connection. I will tell you how I FEEL about things - sometimes whether you want to know or not - listen to how you FEEL about things (comments, please) and try to answer any FEELINGS/writing/reading questions you ask me.

And I promise to use LOLCats for visual aids only.

(Program note: If you want book updates, you can find Hourglass updates on the Hourglass Blog Page or at Murphy's Law Coffee.)

8 comments:

  1. Never be ashamed of posting LOL cat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myra, it's all good. I don't comment all the time, but I learn something every time I come to your blog. Keep doing what you're doing. You are connectiing...trust me.

    Peace and love,
    Paula R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *inappropriate joke about connecting here*

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *pulls up a chair* Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're adorable! No worries -you're a very busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog no matter what <3 And I love LOLCats, too...

    Can't wait to read your upcoming posts.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never tell a bunch of writers you want to know their FEELINGS!! Are you kidding me?! It'd be one hot mess of drama around here. Ha. You're doing a great job in the world of reading/writing/blogging so just keep it up and remember, most of us are drawn to your personality and charisma - regardless of what you post about! :) (Um, AND we want Hourglass updates... and I think when you have free time -yeah right- you should check my FB wall and see what a friend wrote me about reading Hourglass...) :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: