6/16/2011

In the Fort with Elana Johnson!


Elana Johnson is truly one of the sweetest, kindest and most generous authors on the web. I am so happy to have her in the Fort today!


About Elana: I think bacon should be eaten for every meal. I chew bubble gum every single day. I am a founding author of the QueryTracker blog. I blog for the League of Extraordinary Writers and help to organize WriteOnCon. I also teach, watch reality TV and drive too fast. When I'm not doing any of that, I write young adult novels. (And yeah, okay, sometimes I eat bacon while typing.)


About POSSESSION: Vi knows the Rule: Girls don’t walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn…and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi’s future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.



But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they’re set on convincing Vi to become one of them….starting by brainwashed Zenn. Vi can’t leave Zenn in the Thinkers’ hands, but she’s wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous: everything Zenn’s not. Vi can’t quite trust Jag and can’t quite resist him, but she also can’t give up on Zenn.



This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.



Favorite game? It can’t be a board game? Cuz I loves me some CLUE.


Sun worshipper, spray tan or SPF 50? Dude, I burn in about 2.4 seconds. So I SPF it up.


Beach or lake? Boat or shore? Beach. Shore. I don’t like boats.


Air conditioning or open windows? Depends. I don’t like to be hot. If the windows can cover that, windows. If not, A/C.


Raft or inner tube? Raft. A very large raft.


High dive, low dive or cannonball? Uh, can I choose D) belly flop? I’m so ungraceful, it’s not even funny.


Favorite summer drink? Ice cold ginger ale. Who am I kidding? I drink this year-round.


Ghost story or not? Do you remember any favorites from the past? Yes to ghost stories. There’s always that one about the hook on the door handle. Funny, I
can’t remember it much now…


Truth, or Dare? Truth. I am a chicken.


What singer/musician/band is a must have for The Fort soundtrack? Maroon 5, Ke$ha, Adam Lambert. Betcha never thought those three would go together…but they do. Oh, they DO.


What movie would you bring to watch? Two Weeks Notice and Despicable Me.


Who's the ideal mascot (usually cute boys, or one time, a unicorn, or that other time, Sue
Sylvester) for The Fort and why? Orlando Bloom and Hugh Jackman. I guess that falls under “cute boys.”


Marshmallows, lightly toasted or burned to a crisp? Burned. I like ashes.


Awake all night or first one to sleep? Ten years ago, I was asleep first. I’ve since learned how to stay up past 10. Waaay past.


If awake all night, practical joke or no? Definitely not. I like joking and laughing, but actual physical practical jokes are so not my thing. I always feel bad for the person getting pranked. I dislike feeling stupid, and I don’t want to be the one to make someone else feel that way.


If you could have any YA author visit The Fort and tell stories, who would it be and what
story would you ask them to tell? Kathleen Duey, and dude I’d probe her mind until she told me how she can write two completely different, amazing stories in one book. A-May-Zing. (Skin Hunger/Sacred
Scars) I’d ask her to tell me Gerrard’s life story.


Thank you muchly for visiting The Fort!!

2 comments:

  1. That was great fun! I love Clue, I'm always Miss Scarlet whenever I play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the FORT!!! I loved Possession! IT's a fabulous debut kinda like HOURGLASS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: