4/10/2011

Change is Still GOOD and Blurbage!

A few weeks back I shared that my publisher, Egmont USA, had decided to add a special effect to the HOURGLASS cover.

Because they are AWESOME.

My new release date is June 14th, 2011 - but that's not the only thing that's new. This morning, The Husband yells up the stairs, "YOUR COVER IS DIFFERENT ON THE AMAZON PAGE."

I thought I was going to blow groceries, because I've heard horror stories about cover mix ups on Amazon. I tried to look at the picture on my phone, but I am blind, so I had to reboot my computer (I had set it to be offline all day).

When I finally got to the Amazon page, I saw this:




The shading is different, I believe to represent that the cover is metallic - ish (and from what I heard from my editor, Regina, also VELVETY).

But it also includes the blurb from Beth!

"Pulls your heart in every direction. A brand new twist on time travel with an explosively delicious romance."
                     ~ Beth Revis, New York Times Bestselling Author of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

What you can't see on Amazon is the one on the back!

"The most original book I've read this year, with a mind blowing plot that had me flipping pages way past my bedtime. I wish I could go back in time and read it again." 
                     ~ Rachel Hawkins, New York Times Bestselling Author of the HEX HALL Series

You can sort of see Rachel's in this picture of the book on the printing press, but I couldn't read Beth's final until I saw it on Amazon. Because I am blind, as referenced above.


You can also kind of see the metallic -ish - ness of the cover!

I am truly, truly honored to have received support from these women for HOURGLASS. Here's why:

1. They are both wildly funny, gracious, and insanely talented.

2. They're Southern, and it was vital to me that they understood and approved of the setting of Ivy Springs.

3. They're huge Doctor Who fans, so I knew if they thought my time travel methods* were too shady,  they'd call me out.

4. They are truth tellers, and if they hadn't liked it, they would have graciously said so. (That didn't make me nervous at all. Noooo.)

THE COVER IS PRINTED. The release is SO SO CLOSE! This Thursday marks the two month countdown!

*time travel is fictional ... FOR NOW ...

15 comments:

  1. Yay for those awesome blurbs and your beautiful new cover! I can hardly wait to hold it in my hands, especially if it's velvety. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Congrats on those blurbs. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH.
    I just finished freaking out about this with Julie on Gtalk.
    SO PRETTY. I already know what all of my friend's birthday presents are gonna be.
    Soooo pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Myra! You totally deserve the best cover ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap! That is so awesome. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting, Myra. My only complaint is that there doesn't appear to be a life-sized fold out of Kaleb. Can't wait to see this on the shelves~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GAH!!!! Love, love, love! Even though I read the ARC and already experienced THE AWESOME I can't wait to purchase and get my hands on a hardcover so I can experience THE PRETTY.

    Congrats on the blurbage, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. COOL. So excited for you!! (And for the rest of us waiting to read!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That printing press photo is major cool! Thanks for sharing that one. Love it. And YES, the cover changes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU ALL!

    I wonder how badly I'll embarrass myself when I finally get to touch the cover. I can't imagine any of it will be attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for this book! It's going to be the first thing I buy when I get back to the US.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover and I'm so excited to read it! I got an ARC and my teens have already read it and gushed over it!:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: