3/21/2011

Off the Grid

Writer's gotta write.

This week, my goal is to add 15,000 words to book two. The countdown clock starts today at noon and ends Saturday at midnight.

I'm going to check in with you daily, friends. I NEED you. I need you to YELL AT ME if I don't meet my daily goal of 2,500 words. (OMIGOSH NO I'm not rocking back and forth in fear.) I need encouragement and virtual cupcakes and possibly virtual flogging. I am sort of mired in my own goo these days, and I figure if I put it out there, let my fellow writers and friends know that I'm floundering, that y'all will cajole and/or shame me into doing what needs to be done.

Also, THURSDAY is the two month countdown for the release of HOURGLASS (OKAY NOW I'm rocking back and forth in fear). I will share some fun things and POSSIBLY announce a giveaway on that day.

I like to operate on my own most of the time. I like to think I can do things ALL THE THINGS by myself. I've cut so many words on book two in the past month that I'm kind of walking around in this state of abject TERROR, and I need help.

I need accountability.

I need you.

So I'm going off the grid, and I'll check in tonight with today's word count.

21 comments:

  1. You're so going to ROCK this!!!! Go, go, go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending virtual chocolate cupcakes your way! You CAN do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, didn't mean to repeat Trisha (word for word, no less)...I could use 15,000 more words on my book, but I'll have to settle for finishing my revising on the first part this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall text you with drank and encouragement! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two months to Hourglass? Woo-hoo!!

    Time in the writing cave is good. And 15k? Plenty of people do that in a week during November. You can do it. Better. Faster. Stronger. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Write, Myra, write! I'm here for you whenever you need a wine and/or chocolate break. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you can do it! I think that Hourglass rocks, so just remember that people out there already love it even though it hasn't been release yet ... There are those of us already out here waiting and dying and LOVING your characters. I can't wait to see what's gonna come out of your brain next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have no fear. You've got this. :) Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go for it!! We all support you and we'll keep you in check if need be... :P
    Good luck with today's count!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck, Myra! Remember -- you've done it before and you can do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are you doing reading this?!
    Get back to work. The world needs the story. Give them the story. It's all there, just scoop it out!

    Lesli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drink something caffeinated. Lots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not very good at the accountability thing. I just like to tell my friends that whatever they do is perfectly wonderful. Do you need any friends like that? Because I'm there for you, babe. Also, I can't wait to buy Hourglass and help make your debut awesome. I'm there for you that way too. Finally, you can SO do this.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: