Change Is GOOD

Awesome Agent Holly called yesterday.

For the non-writer people, writer people tend to freak when they get phone calls from the 212 area code. Maybe because we've endured the querying stage, where a call from New York City could mean an offer of representation, or the submission stage, when you're waiting to hear if a publisher wants to buy your book.

Seeing that area code always makes me catch my breath. Yesterday's conversation went like this:

AAH: I have good news and bad news. 

ME: Awesome. (I try to be chill.) 

AAH: Egmont has decided to spec your cover. It will SHIMMER.

ME: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. (I'm rarely chill.) 

and then

ME: What's the bad news?

AAH: It's going to push your release date back. 

ME: That's bad news? That's AWESOME NEWS.

Shortly thereafter, we said our goodbyes, except I did it SO AWKWARDLY that I actually identified how awkward it was out loud as it was happening. 

Here's why this is awesome news. I was having some reeedonkulous anxiety about making my impending deadline for book two and also doing the things that need to be done to launch a book.  I suck at time management. Like WHOA.

Now I have three extra weeks! And a cover that SHIMMERS. I can't even ...

So, the NEW release date for HOURGLASS is: 

JUNE 14, 2011

This is why there was no two month countdown giveaway yesterday. Because it would have been a LIE. I am planning one for April 14th, and until then, I am embracing change. Just like Peter:


  1. I love the Brady Bunch.

    Oh, and congrats on your shimmeryness.

  2. THAT'S AWESOME, MYRA!!! Shimmery covers are THE BEST!!

    Although, I'm crying inside that I have to wait three weeks longer to get my hands on HOURGLASS.


  3. YAY! My preorder just got THAT MUCH COOLER! ;)

  4. Thank you! And I love shimmer. Can I tell you how many times I've made out with the NIGHTSHADE by Andrea Cremer cover? Lots of times.

  5. Now I won't be able to get that Brady Bunch song out of my head. Thank you. ;-)

  6. Wait, the super gorgeous cover is going to be shimmery!!!! Squeee!

  7. Shimmer is awesome!!! Congratulations!!

  8. Oooo, shimmery, sounds awesome! And totally worth the wait! This is good news. I'm so excited for you.

  9. That's wonderful. I love shimmery covers. And I love the Brady Bunch singing. Very nostalgic.

  10. Shimmer is worth a two month delay. Plus that's two more months of buzz-building. Woo-hoo! Congrats!


  11. Excellent. For your cover and your mental health. <3

  12. Congrats on your shimmery cover and extended deadline! Hope you have a good weekend.

  13. Eeeek! I love the shimmery cover news and if it's going to take a couple of extra weeks to get it oh well,,, I'll just have to wait longer to hold the precious in my hands and cuddle with it.. cannot wait to see! =D

  14. YAY for Shimmer!
    NOT happy about having to wait longer for your book though!
    my birthday is june 15th though. So, I can pretend that it is my birthday present!! :)
    Good luck with time management though! :)

  15. I've always worried about that. I'm not good with time at all. I'll probably be half way done with my second ms before I start querying for the first. I'm thrilled that yours is coming out in June; I will definitely be looking for it.

  16. Wow, that's awesome! Glad everything's working out well :)

  17. Okay, your cover is already cool enough as is, and the prospect of it sparkling is just a little too much for my small brain to handle this late on a Friday.. :P That's awesome! It will be worth the extra wait, I know!

  18. Yeah. Your shimmery cover is going to be absolutely gorgeous. Non-shimmery is already beautiful!

  19. I'm happy for your mental health. And I can't wait to pet the shimmery new cover when I get ahold of the book.

    I promise that last part wasn't supposed to sound as creepy as it possibly just did.

  20. I love you guys for understanding. I was trying to explain to the husband what shimmery meant.

    Me: It'll be metallic-ish. And shiny. Like this. Or this. *holds out examples*

    Husband: .................... I don't get it.

  21. Congrats, the shimmer is sooo worth the wait!!

  22. I'm so sad we have to wait 3 more weeks! *dies* But I'm super excited for the shimmery goodness! Congrats!


Tell us everything: