Pam Bachorz: Friday in the Fort!

The very first book I read from Egmont was CANDOR by Pam Bachorz. I was totally blown away. True story - Pam's writing is one of the reasons I really hoped I would sell to Egmont. And then I did! And then I got the same editor as Pam! And now .... well, I have a lot of nightmares about inadequacy, but that's a personal problem. 

I can't wait for DROUGHT, out next Tuesday. And if you haven't read CANDOR ... well then RUN! RUN TO THE BOOKSTORE RIGHT NOW!

About Pam: Pam Bachorz grew up in a small town in the Adirondack foothills, where she participated in every possible performance group and assiduously avoided any threat of athletic activity, unless it involved wearing sequined headpieces and treading water. With a little persuasion she will belt out tunes from "The Music Man" and "The Fantasticks", but she knows better than to play cello in public anymore. Pam attended college in Boston and finally decided she was finished after earning four degrees: a BS in Journalism, a BA in Environmental Science, a Masters in Library Science and an MBA. Her mother is not happy that Pam's degrees are stored under her bed.

About DROUGHT: Ruby dreams of escaping the Congregation. Escape from slaver Darwin West and his cruel Overseers. Escape from the backbreaking work of gathering Water. Escape from living as if it is still 1812, the year they were all enslaved. When Ruby meets Ford--an irresistible, kind, forbidden new Overseer--she longs to run away with him to the modern world, where she could live a normal teenage live. Escape with Ford would be so simple. But if Ruby leaves, her community is condemned to certain death. She, alone, possess the secret ingredient that makes the Water so special--her blood--and it's the one thing that the Congregation cannot live without.

Drought is the haunting story of one community’s thirst for life, and the dangerous struggle of the only girl who can grant it.

Favorite comfort food? 
Salsa and chips

Favorite game? 
I am a surprisingly good markswoman in video games...

Flannel, fleece or Snuggie? 
My brown fake fur blanket

If you had to choose Snuggie, which color would you pick? 
Flame-patterned please

Fluffy socks or slippers? 
Slippers I can wear outside in my mad dash to get the Washington Post in the AM

Favorite cold-weather drink? 
Good Earth original tea

Ghost story or no? Do you remember any from slumber parties past? 
Love ghost stories and hate the nightmares they give me. My son just came home from elementary school talking about Bloody Mary. Remember that one? she's still arrrrrrounnnnd......

Truth? Or dare? 
Dare for me, but I want everyone else's truth.

What singer/musician/band is a must have for The Fort soundtrack? 
Katie Herzog. 

What movie would you bring to watch? 
BLACK SWAN. Still tripping over that one.

Who's the ideal male mascot for The Fort and why? 
I'll plug my own devilish and handsome Oscar Banks from CANDOR because he is the guy with the hook-up. He'll bring the good snacks and beverages.

Marshmallows, lightly toasted or burned to a crisp?
Burned to the point of panic. Fire! Fire!

Awake all night or first one to sleep? 
Awake all night. Otherwise who knows what torture will be inflicted upon you!

If awake all night, innocent practical joke or no? 
I hate practical jokes, I just feel so bad for the person who's on the receiving end... April Fools' Day is my least favorite day of the year!

If you could have any YA author visit The Fort and tell stories, who would it be and what story would you ask them to tell? 
Laurie Halse Anderson because I love ALL of her stories. I'd want her to tell stories about the dark nights of the American Revolution (can  you tell I just read FORGE?)

Thank you, Pam, for visiting The Fort! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us everything: