1/10/2011

Fun and Exciting News WHOO!

So, last August I got an email. I read it on my iPhone, shook my iPhone, read it on my computer, shook my computer, and then emailed Victoria Schwab. I might have texted her, too. I am old. I forget things.

Me: Go check your email. We got invited to a retreat.

V: I didn't get invited to a retreat.

Me: YOU DID. I AM LOOKING AT YOUR GMAIL ADDRESS.

V: I think it is a mistake. I don't have anything in my inbox.

Two minutes pass.

V: OMG.

Me: *thud*

The short of it is, we are going here:



With these awesome people:

1. Maggie Stiefvater
2. Tessa Gratton
3. Brenna Yovanoff
4. Carrie Ryan
5. Jackson Pearce
6. Jackie Dolamore
7. Dawn Metcalf
8. Kiersten White
9. Jenny Moss
10. Julie Kagawa
11. Frankie Mallis
12. Sonia Gensler
13. Victoria Schwab
14. Natalie Standiford
15. Saundra Mitchell
16. Myra McEntire (AIEEEEE!)
17. Jessica Spotswood
18. Carrie Jones
19. Jeri Smith-Ready
20. Julia Karr
21. Elizabeth Scott
22. Beth Revis
23. Sarah Darer Littman



And you can ask questions. We'll be answering via video chat - kinda! See Maggie's post here for that part! 

Expect shenanigans and general wrongness! At least from me. WHOO!

UPDATE: Maggie is considering hosting a two-day writer's conference in the D.C. area! Interested? Go tell her HERE. 

21 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!!! SO SO SO FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond awesome!!! This is sweet! I can hardly wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an event for the ages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Murphypaulmichael1/10/2011 05:50:00 PM

    No dudes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Wow!!! That is SO exciting!! Have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEET!! How fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHUT UP!!!! •squees• I have nothing intelligent to add other than: DUDE!!!!
    xoxo
    That chick who hides in your bushes

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you stand so much brilliance in. one. place?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I'm not even going to try and hide my jealousy here. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an amazing group! I am soooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debra Schubert1/10/2011 11:14:00 PM

    SOOOO aweseome! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's fabulous and exciting!! I'm squeeing for you right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That does sound like an amazing retreat. The place is beautiful and the people you will be hanging with even more so! I expect a full report!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that looks amazing! Have a blast indulging in all that general wrongness. ;) Thank you for commenting on my blog yesterday. Your comment meant a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks and sounds awesome! How I would love to be a quiet fly on the wall (with a pen and notepad writing EVERYTHING down). Hope you all have a fantastic, fun and possibly productive time! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gah!!! I so wish I could have said yes when Maggie kindly invited me :-( Alas, the baby is arriving just around the same time as the retreat. This looks amazing!! Have fun, and perhaps NEXT year I will be able to meet you??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. homg, that is awesome! you're sure to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOPS! I accidentally deleted a bunch of comments from this post! Please to forgive! And thanks, I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: