11/12/2010

Kristin Tubb: Friday in the Fort

You might have seen my glowing review of SELLING HOPE yesterday (and if not you should go read it right now because it is AWESOME - not the review - the book). Today in The Fort we welcome the author of said masterpiece, Kristin O'Donnell Tubb. (Go to Kristin's blog to see how to win a basket of books!)

I'm lucky enough to have met her In Real Life, and I promise you, she's as charming in person as she is on the page. AND, she was one of the very first authors to talk "The Biz" with me when I was but an Author Neophyte. *squeezes Kristin 'til she's squishy*

Enjoy, and make sure to enter below to win a SIGNED COPY of SELLING HOPE!

Favorite comfort food? 
Lasagna

Favorite game? 
Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit (though my mom kicks everyone’s booty in the latter!)

Flannel, fleece or Snuggie? 
Fleece. I’d cover every inch of my skin with fleece if I could.  *is cold*

If you had to choose Snuggie, which color would you pick? 
One of the fancy ones.  You know, like Leopard. 

Fluffy socks or slippers? 
Fluffy socks!  Though usually mismatched…

Favorite fall drink? 
Coffee with a big splash of soy milk, preferably chocolate

Ghost story or no? Do you remember any from slumber parties past? 
Yes ghost stories!  One of my favorites: this girl was babysitting, see, and she kept getting all these prank phone calls. (For those of you who have never lived without Caller ID, it used to be possible to do this, because you didn’t know who was calling.)  Anyway, she calls the operator, who screams, “Get out of that house! The calls are coming from another extension of that number!”  Which is both impossible and totally creepy.  J 

Truth? Or dare? 
Truth.  I’m too much of a chicken for most dares. 

What singer/musician/band is a must have for The Fort soundtrack? 
REM.  I can’t listen to music while I write, but listening to REM during breaks is great – fantastic lyrics! 

What movie would you bring to watch
The Jerk.  I’m a sucker for stupid. 

Who's the ideal male mascot for The Fort and why? 
That guy who plays Sam on Glee.  I don’t know his real name, but who cares, right?

Marshmallows, lightly toasted or burned to a crisp
Lightly toasted, surrounded with chocolate and graham crackers

Awake all night or first one to sleep? 
First one to sleep. I once had a popcorn kernel put up my nose at a slumber party because of this. 

If awake all night, innocent practical joke or no? 
Innocent practical jokes are a must! I believe I’d seek out the person who lodged a popcorn kernel in my brain and return the favor.  (And yes, I still know her!) J 

If you could have any YA author visit the fort and tell stories, who would it be and what story would you ask them to tell? 
Suzanne Collins.  She can tell me whatever story she chooses; I’d be enthralled.  


9 comments:

  1. Great interview! I can't wait to read this book! It sounds amazing! Thank you for this chance! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please enter me in the contest only if it is international. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ba ha ha ha! "I believe I’d seek out the person who lodged a popcorn kernel in my brain and return the favor." I just discovered In the Fort last week and I'm already IN LOVE with them.

    This book must have one of the most inventive plots in recent YA memory--without even being paranormal or fantasy! I can honestly say I've never read a novel with any of the major plot elements (1910s, vaudeville, Halley's Comet--Buster Keaton!). Can't wait to be able to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the giggles, Myra! The Fort is such fun! :-) >mwah<

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just going to buy it because it sounds fab, but I wanted to comment and say CHORD OVERSTREET. That's who plays Sam on Glee. That's his REAL NAME EVEn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! I also love that ghost story (or is it an urban legend) about the babysitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was pretty much convinced to pick up Selling Hope but now that I've read your interview I have to pick it up! A fan of Suzanne Collins and Glee is someone I want to read, especially since you recommend their book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mhmmm, lasagna and Suzanne Collins. Awesome choices!!! Selling Hope is on my TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview. Definitely need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: