8/23/2010

Skip a Starbucks Day

THE STORY: 

If you read yesterday's post, you know that my dear, sweet friend, C.J. Redwine, is super close to being allowed to travel to China to bring home the daughter of her heart.

Now listen. Having a daughter is not in the cards for me, and this sweet baby is the only chance I'll have to be an "auntie" and spoil a girl with pink, sparkly things. I've given my boys pink, sparkly things. I've given my dog pink, sparkly things.

I didn't really get the reactions I wanted. (Both involved drool and biting.)

So Johanna is going to be the gorgeous little Asian angel NIECE of my heart, and we need to get her home! *is twitterpated*







THE DEAL:

If you've considered it thoughtfully and it's something you'd like to do, Skip a Starbucks or some other indulgence, click the button above to go to C.J.'s blog, and then use her donation link at the top right of her page to help her with travel expenses. We're suggesting a $5.00 donation - but it's up to you!

Once you've donated, come back here and fill out the information in the entry form below. You'll be entered to win paperback copies of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassie Clare, including CITY OF BONES, CITY OF ASHES, and a signed copy of CITY OF GLASS. 

Not only will every person who donates be entered to win some fab prizes at C.J.'s blog, they can also enter to win at EVERY BLOG offering a prize. AND THERE ARE SOME AMAZING PRIZES OUT THERE!

You have until August 26th at midnight to donate and enter. Winners will be announced after all necessary connections are made! Contest is for US/Canada residents only.

Thank you so much for helping C.J. bring Johanna home from China!

A RECAP:

1. Click the button to go to C.J.'s blog.

2. Donate.

3. Go to all other blogs offering prizes (listed on C.J.'s post) and enter to win as instructed.

4. FEEL SPECTACULAR about saving the life of a Chinese orphan, and making one mama's dream come true!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! *huge hugs* I can't wait for you to spoil her with pink sparkalay things too.

    Do you think she wants a Plot Pony?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great initiative! I have entered but please include me only if this is International

    Misha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this! I am an adoptive mom myself so I'm praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys always say things so well.

    I can't wait until you have an adorable niece to spoil with pink things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get dibs on spoiling our niece!!! Okay, okay...we can share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they reach their goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good cause, and you are such a good friend. Great post, great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. +JMJ+

    I think everyone has responded wonderfully to C.J. and her family's need at this time! What good friends you all are: the fairy blog-mothers to the little girl she is trying to bring home. =)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: