8/12/2010

Bookanista Thursday: Ten Reasons I Love VORDAK the INCOMPREHENSIBLE

Did you see DESPICABLE ME? Did you like it? Well, VORDAK THE INCOMPREHENSIBLE is so excellent he makes Gru, Vector AND Dr. Nefario look like schmucks. Bigger schmucks.

If you want to teach your kids a lot of big words and read to them in a loud booming voice, I recommend Vordak. If you want to laugh, a lot, and spark your child's imagination, I recommend Vordak. If you want to be entertained, amused, and well ... SPARED ... when Vordak the Incomprehensible takes over the world, I recommend Vordak. Enter below to win your very own finished copy!!!!

Here are ten reasons why I loved it:


1. The cover. Seriously? My son grabbed the book out of my hands. Genius. (GIRLS will also love this book. Gender equity in villainy and whatnot.)

2. The Helmet of Discernment. It's pointy. It's intimidating. It would help build neck muscles that would make the Hulk jealous.

3. Vordak played basketball at Duke. I like it.

4. The EVIL LAUGH. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Zounds!

5. Want your own Evil Name? I am MARZAZ THE MONUMENTAL-MAGNIFICENT. Hyphenated. 'Cause I'm a married lady. I mean, a married super villain.

6. Evil Lairs. Which kind suits you? You don't need an evil real estate agent, you just need Vordak. From The Medieval Mountaintop Stronghold to The Unimaginable Underground Fortress, he's got you covered. Well, mostly he has himself covered.

6. Want your very own minions? OF COURSE YOU DO.

7. Instruments of Evil. Need one? How about SEVEN? Includes an order form for Sinister Sid's Evil Accessories.

8. Ultimatums. Everyone needs to know how to issue an ultimatum. Especially a mother of two. Which is why I took that chapter out before I gave it to my children.

9. A To Do List. Once you've conquered the world, you need to know what to do next. Vordak can help you out with that. Well, mostly he can help himself out with that.

10. THIS:




WANT YOUR VERY OWN COPY? YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS BLOG AND COMMENT BELOW TO BE ENTERED TO WIN!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Here's what the rest of the Bookanistas are up to today:


27 comments:

  1. THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

    Loved that. Loved Kazaz the Impatient!!! ... I want to read the book NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled at the comparison to Despicable ME because I LOVED that movie! So I really want to win the book now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can NOT wait to read this!!
    Your boys are so cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all - those are minions, not children. Just sayin'. And I laughed the whole time I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing GREAT things about that. And I want his helmet.

    I Want my own evil nickname! Curse you, now I'll waste all afternoon trying to come up with one :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was too awesome! They have to come play with The Max!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! Can't wait to read it, & 8yo will love it!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need this book!

    Adorable post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could it be that even a girl (who happens to be fascinated by superheros of both genders, and the idea of ruling the world or at least ruling her parents) would appreciate this book? Yes, I believe she would! We are in to win the book. MUHOHOHO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was hilarious. I just died a little inside from the laughter---and the stares from the librarians. I have to move...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent point, Bonnie. I added a line to the post to reflect that YES, girls will love it. I did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh ME ME ME!!! Pick me!! I'm a loyal Vordak follower (and a follower of your blog of COURSE). I HAVE to have this book. I HAVE to review it or something. Please???

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really excited for this book...and so is my very own evil minion, Mini-Me. *laughs* We checked the Amazon page for this yesterday, and it had her belly laughing! (8 y-o girly belly laughter is funny stuff, y'all!)

    And do your evil minions know my youngest evil minion...cuz they look awfully familiar! lol

    Can't wait to read with Mini-Me!

    Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What the heck-I am in such a malevolent mood after watching that video that I will throw in 20 Tyrannical Trading Cards for the winner (approximate street value=$3,500)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would also like to learn about the issuing of ultimatums and such.

    ReplyDelete
  16. O.M.G. That was just....Vordakian! I think that should be the new term for evil!!!! Love the helmet and the Ultimatums can't wait to read more about Vordak

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just read this and so did my little brother. Our review is coming soon.

    mwhahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  18. THIS made my whole freaking day.

    I added you to my reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, this is now a MUST BUY for my boys! (And for me!) Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. dude I saw VORDAK walking around at ALA, so freaking cool. I never found the book though! Of course I want this!! PICK ME ;-)

    I'm still giggling from the video =) Made of awesome!

    Also, was spiderman sword fighting with a snake? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!... I needed that laugh... thanks... :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just ordered it!!!!!!!!!!! I've been looking at the Vordak tweets and laughing. And I have to admit that well, I do follow him on twitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vordak is my hero. Srsly. I would TOTALLY be his MINION. #VordakFTW

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was fabulous! I can't wait to see what your boys will say years down the road when you pull that out as blackmail! Wonder what N would think of this book? He's reading so dang fast I have to have books ready so he can devour more. (Not a bad problem to have, I know.) You crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a ton of fun, I feat my six year old would steal it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wir haben ein bisschen Schwierigkeiten den RSS abonnieren, jedenfalls habe ich Buch markiert diese tolle Seite, ist sehr nützlich plus gefüllt mit Informationen.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: