Happy Birthday Em

Two years ago today, Emerson Cole strolled into my brain - running her fictional mouth - and I started writing HOURGLASS.

One year ago today, I was editing for my newly acquired agent so we could go on submission to publishing houses.

Today, I'm trying to finish up revisions for my editor, Regina Griffin at Egmont USA.

Around this time next year? HOURGLASS will hit shelves.

Happy Birthday, Em. Thanks for changing my life.

Here's your theme song:


  1. Awwwwww. Huge, HUGE congrats. Can't wait to watch all the great things to come so I can say I knew you when...


  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You already know how excited we are about HourGlass, but I can't imagine how excited you are now that copy edits are done! Next year we'll be having a HUGE party for you!

  3. Congrats! I can't wait until I'm in the place you are (if it EVER happens)!

  4. How fun to be able to look back and see this progress! Here's to 2011 and Elevensies everywhere!

  5. Happy Birthday! And congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

  6. CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to meet her!

  7. Please tell me there was cake ... Can't wait to read all about her!

  8. Congrats hon! Looking forward to reading it! :)

  9. My warmest congratulations!

    I look forward to reading it.
    (As, I am sure, do many others.)

    Time never really slips away.
    It just that we have to learn how to rumba and cha-cha-cha through it sideways. ;)


Tell us everything: