Editing Candy

A writer needs fuel for editing, yes?

I'm in the thick of it, so today's post is a recipe. I got this from my friend Jessica, and I don't know whether to curse or bless her. Go ahead and make two batches. Trust me.

Editing Candy

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Spread out one box of oatmeal square cereal (I use the brown sugar kind) on a large, GREASED cookie sheet. Put:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1/4 cup of unsalted sweet cream butter

into a microwave safe container and microwave for one minute. Stir. Microwave for two more minutes or until mixture boils. Then stir in:

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
(I love almond flavoring, so I add 1/2 teaspoon of that)

Mixture will froth up. Pour it evenly over cereal and stir, mixing well.

Bake for one hour, stirring every twenty minutes to completely coat cereal.

Let cool, store in sealed container.

But seriously? You aren't going to store it. You're going to EAT IT. Because it is SPECTACULAR, and ADDICTING, and luckily, not too terribly bad for you.

ENJOY! (And send me editing mojo, if you don't mind.)

see more Lolcats and funny pictures


  1. oh my make three batches...

    you must have left some on your finger as the kitty knows best....

    yum yum

  2. I'm going to set aside time this weekend and try this out :) It sounds very addictive.

  3. YUM. Thanks Myra!
    ~*~*~*editing vibes*~*~*~
    to you. :)

  4. This looks delish!! I must try it...nomnomnom!!!

  5. That sounds delicious! :) I might just have to try that thanks.

  6. Oooh! My mom makes a 'candy" like this with saltines instead of cereal on the bottom. SOOOOO good.

  7. Oh wow, this so trumps my pretzels dipped in chocolate! I. Must. Make. This. Love the kitten by the way!


Tell us everything: