3/01/2010

My Review of HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins

... Is up at Young Adult Books Central. Here's a taste:

Very rarely do I find a YA paranormal with humor, romance and a fast-paced plot that keeps me reading from the moment I open the first page until the very last sentence.


Ladies and Gents, we have a winner in Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. A Really Big Winner.


Sophie Mercer is sentenced … sent … to Hecate Hall after a rather unfortunate incident at her school’s prom. It wasn’t Sophie’s fault Kevin Bridges drove his Land Rover into the gym, Well, not exactly. Okay. It was.


But being exiled to Hecate, or Hex Hall as it’s unofficially referred to by the inmates … students … is the worst kind of punishment. Sophie’s used to being the only freak in the room, but at Hex Hall is full of them, from dark witches to the fey to vampires.


Read the rest at YA Books Central by clicking HERE.

Read my Friday in the Fort interview with Rachel HERE.

Five out of five stars, y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, every time I come back your blog is more beautiful than before! Wow!

    I'll go check out the full review. Sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I loved your review. We really enjoyed reading Hex Hall and it's definitely a MUST read, MUST purchase book.

    Plus who doesn't love a BB looking Archer *snickers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait for this and its just in time for my birthday--Im hoping I can find an early copy somewhere tonight...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! This sounds like one I'm going to have to pick up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing great things about this book. Def adding it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: