3/05/2010

Friday in the Fort with Lisa Schroeder

I am so excited to welcome Lisa Schroeder to Friday in the Fort! I "met" her on Twitter, got to know her better during her chat with the Mundie Moms and knew I had to ask her to visit!


Quick bio: Lisa Schroeder is the author of CHASING BROOKLYN, FAR FROM YOU, and I HEART YOU, YOU HAUNT ME, a 2009 ALA Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers. She loves to write in verse because it allows her to really get at the emotional core of the story. Lisa lives in Oregon with her husband and two sons.



Favorite comfort food?

Vegetable soup with warm french bread.


Favorite game (think snowy, below wind chill day)?

Let's play Scrabble!!!


Fleece, flannel, chenille or Snuggie?

Flannel - more specifically, my flannel Victoria Secret's PJs.


If Snuggie, what color?

No Snuggie! Just. want. my. PJs!!!


Fluffy socks or slippers (be specific)?

I have this weird thing about socks and slippers. I just like to be barefoot most of the time. Is that a problem? I promise, they're clean.


Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

I am a tea drinker all the way, nothing fancy, Lipton's is just fine.


Ghost story or Truth or Dare?

Ghost story of course!!


Truth? Or dare?

Truth. I'm a chicken.


What singer/musician/band is a must have for The Fort soundtrack?

How about a little Matt Nathanson? "All we are, we are..."


What movie would you bring to watch?

Waitress. And then I'd make us a pie!


Who's the ideal male mascot for the fort and why?

Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights. Or Matt Saracen. Or Coach Taylor! Heck, can we just invite the whole team? They inspire me, that's why. Any one of these guys could give an inspiring pep talk and before you know it, you're not wondering if you can, you KNOW you can!



Marshmallows, lightly toasted or burned to a crisp?

Lightly toasted, even if only one in ten that I roast turn out that way.


Awake all night or first one to sleep?

First one to sleep. I'm really pathetic that way.


If awake all night, practical joke or no (and what kind)?

No, please no practical jokes! I don't want to wet the bed!!!


If you could have any YA author visit the fort and tell stories, who would it be and what story would you ask them to tell?

You, Myra, YOU!!! Please, I want you to tell me your story - I can't wait until 2011, it's TOO FAR AWAY!!!!!


Thank you muchly for visiting The Fort!!

Thank you for having me, it was fun!!!


What a doll!

I'd love to tell my story, Lisa - and once I'm finished revising YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP ME! (My editor might, though.)


On a note of awesomesauce ... Lisa is giving away a fantastic prize! "I'd be happy to give away a pretty new paperback of FAR FROM YOU, which has Alice in Wonderland references, for those who are fans of the classic story. It's a good wintery read, as you can see from the blanket of snow she's lying in."


This is especially cool today, as ALICE IN WONDERLAND opens in theaters nationwide! To enter, be a blog follower and show Lisa some love in the comment section below! Tweet the contest for an extra entry and make sure to @ reply me!

22 comments:

  1. I love the new cover for Far From You! Enter me to win, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun interview! And I love the new blog look.
    I happen to be making veggie and beef stew today :) One of my favorite cold day foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add that I LOVED I Heart You, You Haunt Me. As soon as I get Chasing Brooklyn back from my mother-in-law I know I'll love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I'd love to win!

    kpic724 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your Friday in the Fort interviews! It's making trips to the bookstore even more fun - which is huge for me. The local bookstore is my favorite place in town. Thanks you Lisa and Myra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would buy that book for the cover alone. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, fun interview questions. I'd love to win a copy of Far From You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa this is so cool!! Lightly toasted, Matt Nathanson and Alice. Your interview just made me smile. And Myra, I wouldn't miss a FIF post for all the scones in England. You know how much that means to me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Alice references and the cover alone got me!
    And I just read I heart you, you haunt me so I know it'll be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always pick Truth too. :-)

    The cover of Far From You is beautiful...I love it.

    Tweet: http://twitter.com/whatinabox/status/10039496335

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview! please enter...alice in wonderland references...that sounds fun :)

    - blog follower

    van p.
    Littopandaxpress(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Another awesome fun interview! I love Lisa's books they are sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa, great interview. I am working my way to some of your titles, one of which is on my shelf. I would love to win this book, the cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. forgot to add my tweet :P http://twitter.com/Entre_Libros/status/10039890144

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover and the title. I follow and I retweeted your competition tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lurved learning about lisa's fun tidbits. scrabble is the BEST.

    looking forward to far from you with the Alice element to it. but must get a move on with reading chasing brooklyn - such good reviews on that one.

    myra - i'm following you now ;-D
    vvb32 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice interview. The book looks so great, I would love to win it!

    Tweet: http://twitter.com/Sparima/status/10163091198

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I missed this! I know we tweeted it, but I can't believe we didn't comment. We adore Lisa. The cover to Far From You is beautiful!
    Chasing Brooklyn is an amazing read, as is I Heart You, You Haunt Me.

    She has a new cupcake book out I'm dying to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe I missed this! I know we tweeted it, but I can't believe we didn't comment. We adore Lisa. The cover to Far From You is beautiful!
    Chasing Brooklyn is an amazing read, as is I Heart You, You Haunt Me.

    She has a new cupcake book out I'm dying to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved Chasing Brooklyn so I would love to win. Lisa is a great author! Also I recommend everyone follow her on twitter.

    I am a follower.

    My tweet about the contest:
    http://twitter.com/cari_tx/statuses/10221439169

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: