Friday in the Fort with The Page Turners

Welcome to The Fort Stacey and Pixie from the Page Turners blog! Tell us a little about yourselves!

Page Turners is a multiple author YA review blog, co owned by Stacey & I (Pixie). We have 3 other adult reviewers who love YA books. The idea started around July of last year. I had just read The Forest of Hands and Teeth, and wondered how people received ARC’s, so I started researching. I learned about blogging and contest giveaways and thought, well, I could do that. So I asked around and Stacey agreed to join me in this adventure. Didn’t get the ARC I was originally looking around for, but we have had a blast the last few months, received some great books and I wouldn’t change anything.

Favorite comfort food?

Pixie: Grilled cheese and tomato soup

Stacey: anything home made Italian!

Favorite game (think snowy, below wind chill day)?

Pixie: Like a sport? Am I watching? Football

Stacey: I enjoy playing card games, but I’ll play anything once. To watch, soccer.

Fleece, flannel, chenille or Snuggie?

Pixie: Ummm none- I am usually in my hoodie & PJs

Stacey: LOVE Blankets!!!! I enjoy a good hoodie. I like my warm fuzzies to be soft and warm.

If Snuggie, what color?

Pixie: I don’t have one, not really necessary in Texas; but I would like a cheetah print one. Maybe I should get one for the movie theatre, its usually freezing and I have to bring my hoodie or a blanket.

Stacey: I don’t have one, but if I did, it’d be blue

Fluffy socks or slippers?

Pixie: Fluffy socks

Stacey: neither

Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Pixie: Iced Black Tea- no sugar from Starbucks

Stacey: lemon tea, hot chocolate (even better if it has a couple shots of peppermint syrup), Diet Pepsi…There’s a lot, working at a place with a cafĂ© I tend to try all the new stuff.

Ghost story or Truth or Dare?

Pixie: Ghost story

Stacey: Truth or Dare

Truth? Or dare?

Pixie: I am a dare type of girl- I have metal plates/screws in my ankle for proof

Stacey: truth

Who's the ideal male mascot for the fort and why?

Pixie: Well, I seem to like werewolves, so I have a few characters in mind- Luke, Wolverine, Jacob Black… Cole

Stacey: Po from Graceling or Ash (think Ben Barnes) from Iron King!!! Both can hold their own and very entertaining.

Marshmallows lightly toasted or burned to a crisp?

Pixie: Mmm burnt to a crisp on the outside, nice and gooey on the inside

Stacey: lightly toasted

Awake all night or first one to sleep?

Pixie: All nighter

Stacey: All nighter most times, depends on how tired I am hehe.

If awake all night, practical joke or no?

Pixie: Practical joke ~ scribbling on faces, shaving cream and a feather

Stacey: nope, I’m the play games, chat have fun type

If you could have any YA author visit the fort and tell stories, who would it be and what story would you him/her to tell?

Pixie: Maggie Stiefvater and Jackson Pearce look like they would be fun to have around. First we would have to make some crazy youtube videos and then maybe I could convince Maggie to tell us what happens next in Mercy Falls…

Stacey: hmmmmmmmmmm I like Pixie’s authors. I also think Sarwat Chadda would be fun also Julie Kagawa.

There you have it! Thanks for stopping by ladies, and readers check out the Page Turners by clicking HERE.

NEXT WEEK IN THE FORT: Stacey will get her wish as we welcome Julie Kagawa, author of THE IRON KING!!!

PS: BIN BONS is becoming quite the regular in The Fort. I blame Rachel Hawkins, Saundra Mitchell and Mundie Moms Sophie and Katie B.



  1. Hell-oooooooooooooo?? BINBONS personifies the Hot Boy with A Sword! I mean...look at him...*glances at above picture and loses ability to speak*.

    Stacie and Pixie, we just puffy heart you gals!!!

  2. This was so fun! I think it was a pretty close call as to which of you I have more in common with. I love the grilled cheese sandwich answer! :-)

  3. Once I could scroll past the picture...Loved the interview with Stacey and Pixie! You both sound like so much fun I'll have to stop by your site!

  4. *SNORTS* It must be a sign that our little *coughs* BIN BONS will be the mascot. Now all I see when I look at him, esp. that picture is Archer from Hex Hall. *thank you to LH and Sophie* :) Another reason for people to read Hex Hall!

  5. I do have to say, BINBONS was partly my fault too! I was the first to say he's be a good Ash and Julie agreed and it kind of exploded hehe.

  6. OK, I am not a "BINBONS" fan, seriously, he is always being nominated for some character in a book. Can we say, over exposed. But - I actually, like him for Ash, great call Stacey.

  7. Ohh I forgot to add, thanks for the funny interview. I had a blast answering the questions


    wth, this cache has to be the weirdest one I've seen..... Cutionme?


Tell us everything: