1/02/2010

My No Kiss Blog Fest Entry

Okay, so Frankie Diane and her peppy persuasive ways convinced me to participate in the #NoKissBlogFest. Writers all over the blogosphere are posting their favorite "almost" kisses from movies, television, books or from their own Works In Progress. Visit Frankie's blog to discover links to more non-kisses.


The Twitterverse weighed in on what they wanted to see, so I'm taking this opportunity to give the teensiest glimpse of my MC from HOURGLASS, Emerson, and the feller she wishes belonged to her, Michael. She's just been given some shocking news, and she's torn between making him a soprano and throwing herself into his arms. I wish I could give you more of the before and after cookies, because Em's quite a corker and she gives Michael a run for his money. But Summer 2011 will come soon enough, right?


This post is up for a limited run only (Note: The scene has now been removed! But I left a little taste!). Here goes:


I’ve never touched alcohol – doesn’t mix too well with pharmaceuticals – but I knew at that moment what it must to feel like to be drunk. The only thing I could hear was the sound of both of us gasping for air. Everything in my world shifted and I knew I would trade every breath I’d ever taken for more of him. In a heartbeat.


That's it! I feel like such a tease. I kinda like it.


HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'll be announcing the winner of my BEAUTIFUL CREATURES giveaway and starting a new contest on Monday!


24 comments:

  1. Gah! You can't stop there--I want more. MORE!!!!! Is there any way we can get to summer of 2011 so I can read it without also having to get WAY too close to 30? Any magic deal I can arrange with the Universe for that? No? Asking too much?

    Awesome scene though. (Like I knew it would be). So glad Frankie guilted you into this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so cute! i'll definitely be buying your book when it comes out...maybe you'd be interested in doing an author interview on my blog, too. I've only got a few from carrie jones and aprilynne but it'd be great if you're interested.

    my email is: RamblingAsh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent tease! Both you an Frankie do the rule-breaking thing so well, and I love that both of your MCs call the guy out on his lie! Thanks for sharing -- now I definitely want to buy you novel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *does a little dance* I'm glad y'all like! And thanks for the comments. Shannon, I'll check with the universe. And Ash.Elizabeth, that would be awesome when we get closer to release! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *dancing faster* Thanks Donna!! I'm so glad to have found you girls - you're so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! I am definitely buying your book when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MYRA!!! You are the worst/best tease. That was fantastic. Can I enter a secret universe deal too? Time machine maybe? That was great I already love your characters! So glad you participated--THANK You! So you know I'm going to be first in line to buy HOURGLASS on release day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo woo! What a tease. I'm dying over here. I'm sensing high swoon levels. Summer 2011 can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, you teaser, you! That was awesome! 2011 is a loonnnggg time away, isn't it? Very sigh-worthy, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! *sets egg timer for summer 2011* Can't wait to consume all of Hourglass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ending of this scene. Looks like your book is going to be awesome! Thanks for sharing this sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't stop there! No fair. That is the best tease ever!! Mundie Moms are all over this book!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is definitely a tease!! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very Twilight Zone. I was sure I posted a comment here on how much I loved this scene. But it's not there. So. I LOVE THIS! It's got the heat of their conflicted relationship and him pressing her into the fence and then the tension of the security camera. I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome scene. Hate those security cameras!

    Congratulations on your debut novel. How exciting. And Holly Root is on my short list to query.

    Nice. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Goc! That was amazing! I loved it, I so want to know more, awesome job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whew! *fans self* I've always adored the chemistry between Em and Michael.

    *fans self again*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy. Crap. *fans self*

    How is it possible to already be crushing on Michael. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whew! *fans self* I've always adored the chemistry between Em and Michael.

    *fans self again*

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is definitely a tease!! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: