Introducing 2011 Debut Author Myra McEntire

I had to do an "All About Me" introductory post on my LiveJournal account for the Elevensie's, so in celebration I'm going to subject my awesome Blogger peeps to it as well!

That's a pic of me, eating candy, sporting crazy writer hair and holding my timer. It goes ding.

Now, all about me, Myra McEntire!

Debut Book: HOURGLASS, Egmont USA, Spring 2011

Book's Synopsis (here's the very general one from the Publisher's Weekly announcement...): HOURGLASS is a time slip romance in which a girl who sees ghosts meets a boy who knows the truth about what her visions really are and he alone can unlock the secrets to her past.

Website Address: http://MyraMcEntire.com

Twitter Handle: @MyraMcEntire

Facebook: Myra McEntire

What made you decide to be a writer? About 30 seconds after I finished HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS I burst into tears, completely bereft, because I had no idea what I would read next. I submitted at that exact moment to the call to write. Not that I'm comparing myself to JK or anything.

Favorite Books/Authors: JK Rowling, Janet Evanovich, Lord Byron, L. Frank Baum, Maggie Stiefvater, Walt Whitman, THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH, EYES LIKE STARS, TRIXIE BELDEN MYSTERIES, TWILIGHT SAGA, Jan Karon, Jane Austen ... there's so much excellent YA stuff out there right now it's hard to list all of them, but lately I've loved SHADOWED SUMMER, THE DARK DIVINE, HEX HALL ...

Morning Person or Night Owl: Yes.

Mac or PC: I have a Mac and I love it, but I'm not one of those obnoxious people. *strokes Mac while eyeing you sideways*

What did you have for dinner today? Chicken marsala

Quick! Share eleven random things about yourself!

1. Most people focus on the bride as she walks down the aisle at weddings. I watch the groom's face. Do it once. You'll be hooked.

2. My husband used to play minor league baseball. In the first five years of our marriage we moved thirty-six times and had eighteen different male roommates. (One of them is Elvis's cousin. True story.)

3. My first job out of college was as an admissions counselor for a school in Virginia. I had to travel the state from one end to the other. I don't do maps. I might still be lost - I'm not sure.

4. I'm a huge fan of classic black and white movies.
The Philadelphia Story is my all-time favorite.

5. I might be addicted to Twitter. #HugeUnderstatement

6. Dance Breaks are vital to my creative process.

7. I am partial to t-shirts with sayings on them (it's the closest I can get to a warning label). One of my favorites: "Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints."

8. I have the same affinity for coffee mugs. Best one so far: "I AM having a nice day. Don't screw it up."

9. I trick-or-treated at Sherrilyn Kenyon's house once. I wore a Twilight t-shirt. I didn't get any candy.

10. I have a husband and two sons. One of the three doesn't like to wear pants in public.

11. I am an only child. I blame and credit my wacky imagination on too many years left to a wide variety of books and my own devices. I did have two imaginary friends growing up. One now lives in Cleveland, the other is a very famous talk show hostess.


  1. You crack me up, gf! And, there are no words to express my love for The Phantom Tollbooth. Love, love, love it!

    Congrats to you for being an Elevensie! (May I join you??!!)

  2. Hahaha you are too cute for words! Loves it! Also I want to be an Elvensie too! Sounds so hobbitsy. Like a hobbit. OOOOH I invented a word! Now they have to let me in!

  3. Pretty entertaining! I'm totally with you and Debra - I love The Phantom Tollbooth!! My students just completed podcasts discussing that book and I'm pretty proud of them! (I've only uploaded the bloopers today.)

    ANYWAY - thanks for introducing me to YOU. We have quite a few things in common - except everyone in my household likes pants in public. :) LOL.

    Have a blast being an Elevensie... it will be here before you know it!

  4. I think our brains are connected on some scary wave length. We're too similar...both a little insane.

  5. I do the EXACT same thing at weddings! Groom's faces are so amazing... I love getting to witness that moment!

  6. #11 Cracked me up. Cuz I totally know your other imaginary friend was Ricki Lake.


  7. Love your interview :) I'm into old BW movies too. Philadelphia Story is great. So excited that your book is going to be published! I'm going to have to interview you on my blog, too :)

  8. I love that we started writing for he same exact reason!

  9. You rawk! As usual!! I can't wait to read Hourglass.
    PS - I met Janet Evanovich (Scott Westerfeld) at my ill fated trip to Book Expo in NYC. Love her!

  10. THis is why we love you! You are hilarious and as we've already discussed, truly a long lost sister of ours! It was fun getting to know you more.

  11. Whoo hoo! I'm so excited for you! Elvensies, love that! It does sound hobbitsy doesn't it Frankie?!

  12. I LOVE watching the groom! I always do.
    #11 made me crack up.

  13. No fair having candy unless you brought enough for everyone!!

  14. How did I miss this one? Love it.


Tell us everything: