1/15/2010

Friday in the Fort with The MUNDIE MOMS!!!


"We are a Cassandra Clare/ YA book blog. Mundie Moms was started to talk about our love of the Mortal Instrument Series. You will find links to our Mundie Moms forum, Cassandra Clare's forum, our book forums, books reviews, author chats and much more on our blog. Be sure to visit our Cassandra Clare forum, as Cassandra does stop by to answer fan questions."

Mundie Moms founder Katie and PR admin Sophie are not only HILARIOUS, they gave me a RPattz picture for Thoughtful Thursday! (Click that link. Yes, that one that says Thoughtful Thursday. HUGE giveaway. Go ahead, I'll wait.)

Katie's love of the Young Adult genre was rediscovered when she read the books of Shannon Hale and Stephenie Meyer. Katie discovered The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare through the Stephenie Meyer Book of the Month Club, and her involvement with The Twilight Moms website gave her the know-how she needed to start her own fansite.

The Mundie Moms are fully supported by Cassandra Clare. A couple of weeks ago the MM's held a chat with Cassie (and surprise guests Holly Black and Sarah Rees Brennan). Transcript coming to the Mundie Mom's blog soon!

Sophie also rediscovered her love of YA through the Twilight Saga. A bookseller turned her on to the Twilight Moms, and she also found The Mortal Instruments Series through Stephenie's Book of the Month Club. Sophie's the Admin PR and does most of the Facebook posting and tweeting for the MM's.

[An aside: To celebrate the Cassie Clare love, I'll be giving away a copy of The City of Bones to one follower. Comment below to let me know you're interested, and make sure to follow if you aren't! LOTS of giveaways coming up.]

Now, for my first Friday in the Fort interview, with two awesome ladies who are SO supportive of so many Young Adult authors!

Favorite comfort food?
Katie: That's a hard one. Hmmm, I'm going with Mentos mints. Love those!
Sophie: Cheese tortellini with homemade pesto and a light sprinkling of Parmesan.

Favorite game (think snowy, below wind chill day)?
Katie: There’s no picking there. My kiddos would pick either Chutes and Ladders or Candy Land.
Sophie: *stops mind from wandering into inappropriate thoughts* Umm, Twister.

Fleece, flannel, chenille or Snuggie?
Katie: I have a huge flannel Twilight blanket my friend made me two years ago for Christmas. It's red one on side and black on the color and she wrote in the Twilight font, Twilight on it. It's "mommy's snugglie".
Sophie: Santa gave this MM a Snuggie for Christmas. Thoughtful dude, isn't he?

If Snuggie, what color?
Katie: If I had a snuggie it would be a Long Horn one.
Sophie: Pink. Santa apologized for it not being leopard print. Apparently, the elves didn't make enough of those in time for Christmas Morn' distribution. #badsalesforecast

Fluffy socks or slippers?
Katie: Neither. I just like socks, no fluffy going on and I'm not a slipper person.
Sophie: Slippers from San Francisco's Chinatown. They come in many colors and are fun and festive.

Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Katie: Herbal peppermint tea. YUMMY!
Sophie: An iced, venti, non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte. Well, you asked, right? Yes, even on a chilly day.

Ghost story or Truth or Dare?
Katie: Dare all the way!!!
Sophie: Always, but always a Ghost Story.

Truth? Or Dare?
Katie: Dare!
Sophie: Hmm. Truth. I love finding out truths. It's a hobby. Some people knit, scrapbook, I search for truth. Like Superman.

Marshmallows, lightly toasted or burned to a crisp?
Katie: Between the lightly toasted and burned to a crisp.
Sophie: Very lightly toasted. I like them so they're just barely ooozing in the middle. Mhmm.

Awake all night or first one to sleep?
Katie: Who could sleep all night when we're in the fort!?! Remember, the first one to sleep gets a prank done to them.
Sophie: Awake all night. I'm an owl. My children are larks. Nature's cruel joke, once again.

If awake all night, practical joke or no?
Katie: Yes, practical jokes are good. I can't tell you what kind, as I might need to play some jokes when we're in the fort. Haha
Sophie: Practical joke. Something silly usually involving a whoopie cushion.

If you could have any YA author visit the fort and tell stories, who would it be and what story would you ask for?
Katie: Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Holly Black all need to tell a story together. The three of them together are hilarious. I'm sure they could scare the crap out of us with a good story. Wait, if they come then we'll have Jace, Magnus, Alec, Nick and Allen all there too. SO, we wouldn't get too scared, would we?
Sophie: Okay, well, Katie took my initial choice because if you were on Mundie Moms last chat with Cassie Clare, you'll know how fun and silly they are when they're together. So, let's see...hmmm...I'll go the other way then and pick two authors who write my other favorite type of character, Broken Boys Who Do the Right Thing. Lisa McMann because she'd talk about Cabel (WAKE/FADE/GONE). And Pam Bachorz because then I'd hear more about Oscar (CANDOR). Okay, get out the Kleenex, tears may run down my face. *chokes back an ugly cry*

And finally, who's the ideal mascot (wow, that just sounds wrong) for the fort and why?



Katie: Alex P of course. We'll need someone who can pretend to be Jace and act like a shadow hunter in case we get scared of the dark. lol




Sophie: Hmm, Ben Barnes, of course. Because he could shout, "For Narnia!" while wielding a sword. Hot boy with a sword? It's my number one, favorite type of male protagonist. The shortcut to how to get a 5-star rating out of Sophie on a book review.


So there you have it, folks, my first Friday in the Fort interview!! Now I'm off to figure out how to work a sword into HOURGLASS .........

18 comments:

  1. Still laughing!! Thank you again, Myra, for featuring Mundie Moms!! And making me laugh every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard at this! We had so much fun with Myra. We are very honored to be the first ones!! Thank you so much. I have to tell you guys how awesome Myra is! She's amazing and we love her. Just wait till her book comes out next year!!

    We heart the fort!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my new favorite feature. Long live the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are highly entertaining. I just stumbled on Mundie Moms today and also you. I love both of these blogs! In there somewhere you said something about winning a book. I like books! Ooo me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always up for winning a prize. Keep up the bodacious blogging, Myra! And...I LOVE lolanimals too, so putting those and hot guys in your posts will always keep me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this interview! Mentos all the wat for comfort food! I love this mortal instruments series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this might be one of my favorite features on all the blogs they read (especially since I don't have to use the word meme to describe it, which I never know how to pronounce.) Can't wait to see who you interview next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! I love hot boys with swords too! =P

    I am loving your blog! Thank you so much for brining me smiles =)

    Can't wait for the next interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL love the Friday in the Fort feature! Enjoyed reading the Mundie Moms answers :D I very much like Alex P as mascot... Mmmmm!

    I would love to be entered to win City of Bones too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm interested! I've never read Cassandra Clare, though her books are up high on my TBR list, based on all the love they get :-)

    What a fun interview!!! Oh, and my brother-in-law gave my husband the leopard snuggie for Christmas. Hilarious! (Though, I must say, VERY warm... as I'm the only one who uses it, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hot boys with swords answer!! And throw my name in the hat for a book - I haven't read this series yet and it sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, so I just realized that I totally commented on the wrong post. So on your very heart-felt post about depression, you a have very girly comment from me about the fort. So just pretend that I posted it here.

    And I'll say it again: I love the fort, and the new Friday in the Fort feature. Can't wait for a slumber party in the fort with you guys. . . and THE guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome interview.

    And I totally think Michael with a sword would be hot.

    Hawt.

    *fans self*

    For Narnia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL. That was so funny!! And Jace-look alike for mascot is perfect!!
    I heart Mortal instruments. And I believe I'm a nocturnal creature too. Like Sophie. *sighs*

    I'm interested in the City of Bones!! I've been dying for a copy. It's soldout here. And I wanna wail my heart out just to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still laughing, that was so awesome! You couldn't have picked a better group of gals to go first!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, this is great & quite entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would love to get my hands on The City of Bones... Loved the interview UP to the point where Katie said LONG HORN... I can only assume UT and being from A&M that just will not do.. hehee

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds awesomely fun! It's hilarious, and I find your writing great, with all the sweet giveaways. I'd love to participate, please and thank you!..? Though I don't believe I'm ever this lucky :-S This all so keeps me coming back - it rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: