10/06/2009

In Which I Feel Like a Rock Star Because of My Rock Star Agent

NaNoWriMo Edward



I met Awesome Agent Holly Root last week. I was nervous, kind of, but it was more of an excited nervous. I know people who've been with their agent for years and have never laid eyes on them, so CJ Redwine and I lucked out when Awesome Agent Holly told us she was coming to Nashville for the book signing of her client Lisa Patton, author of Whistlin' Dixie In a Nor'easter. CJ and I were invited to meet Holly for coffee, and of course we did.

This should serve as a public notice that Awesome Agent Holly's name has been changed to: Generalissima Root, Her Awesomeness.

She's previously made known her intent to rule the world. My humble opinion is that when the takeover starts?

*looks around and then whispers*

You want to be on her side.

Scary smart, wickedly astute and pure genius, Generalissima Root is. If you don't believe me, read this. Oh yeah. She quotes my manuscript.

I feel exceedingly blessed to be in such brilliant, excellent, splendiferous hands. (Can hands be splendiferous?) An additional boon to meeting Her Awesomeness was the 45 minutes she spent with me brainstorming the project I'm working on now.

You can't beat that with a stick, yo.

And, per the cartoon above, if you are a writer and you aren't visiting Inky Girl every day, what is your deal, pickle? I will be doing NaNoWriMo again this year, but with a goal.

And an outline.

More about that later ....

7 comments:

  1. I'm doing NaNo this year, too! Yay!

    BTW, totally jealous of your super cool agent. I've got to get me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have to agree with you on Holly. She's my agent, too. Nice to meet you, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Sherrie! I know you can do it!!!! And hi, Liz! *waves* Nice to meet you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Let the takeover begin.

    I told Clint Holly reminded me of myself in some ways (the ambition, the outspokenness). Actually, my exact words were "She's what I would have been if I hadn't got married."

    He totally took that the wrong way, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does Splendiferous-superissimo... (your agent) feel about Nanowrimo? I didn't Nano last year (and this year's looking the same) because I was afraid to talk to my agent about it.

    "I know you think I should finish my revisions so you can go out and try to sell my book, but right now, Nano is just a little more appealing to me. And you want me to have fun and be happy, right?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just did an interview with her this week. she's seems great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How does Splendiferous-superissimo... (your agent) feel about Nanowrimo? I didn't Nano last year (and this year's looking the same) because I was afraid to talk to my agent about it.

    "I know you think I should finish my revisions so you can go out and try to sell my book, but right now, Nano is just a little more appealing to me. And you want me to have fun and be happy, right?"

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: