A Highly Inappropriate Post About Revisions

Did you read the title of this post? Consider yourself warned. And thank you, Lisa Mantchev, for tweeting the clip yesterday that inspired the madness. EYES LIKE STARS...she wrote it, you should read it. Especially if you like cupcakes. Or fairies. Or cupcakes AND fairies. Or blue hair. Or Shakespeare. Really? Just read it.

On with the show.

Watch this, and replace the words "The Machine" with "The Revisions."

Watch this and know this is what it feels like when you've rewritten a scene thirty-four times and still...haven't...gotten...it...right.

WARNING! ADULT SUBJECT MATTER! I always get in trouble for being inappropriate, so if you have a straight-laced sense of humor, please don't watch. If your sense of humor is as completely wrong as mine, please do.

This MUST BE how it feels when you finally nail the scene.
(There's probably a better choice of words there, but my good word choice skills are all used up.)

And why didn't she win an Oscar?
PS - I came THIS CLOSE to posting this over at the Young Adult Books Central blog instead of on my personal blog. I'm still sweaty.


  1. I feel that way about revisions too ... and I'm sure my asst. felt like Westley when I revision his releases as well

  2. I was under the impression that revising was supposed to make my story better.

    But now that I've read it a hundred times, I pretty sure it has never sucked more.

  3. *laughs* You warned me you'd do it and you did. *laughs some more*

  4. Princess Bride is one of the best movies ever. And I agree with Paul. The more I revise, the more it sucks!


Tell us everything: