Brains...I Needz Them
Heart Status: Aiight
On iTunes: Nothing, I can't get it to open
1. I'm reduced to a list for my post today. I haz no brainssss cellzzzzzzzzz.
2. Revising is a whole different turkey from simply writing. It requires a continual, uninterrupted thought process.
3. As I'm typing this, the Doodlebug is literally one inch away from my face, giving me a blow by blow of everything the Spider Monkey is doing (which includes hitting me on the head with a broom handle). I haven't had a continual, uninterrupted thought process in eight years.
4. I kind of don't have anything good to offer today. So I'm going to point you to two other blog posts.
5. If you're a writer-type, you must read this post by Suzette Saxton about the top ten mistakes writers make. It will make your to-do list longer, but it will make your work better.
6. Whether you're a writer-type or not, you must read this post by Maggie Stiefvater about confidence versus ego. And if you haven't read Lament, run to the bookstore to buy it, as well as the sequel, Ballad, when it comes out this fall.
7. I'm reading an ARC (advanced reader copy) of Shiver by Miss Maggie right now. It comes out in August. It is ALL KINDS of excellent. Although I always pick the television pilots that are cancelled as my favorites, I really can pick books. This gal is going places.
8. Things aren't getting any better for Rob Pattinson. Apparently, he was chased into the street by screaming teens and hit by a cab.
9. Maybe he needs to hire the Zombie Kitteh (pictured above) for his security detail.
10. ALSO, I am approaching my 50th post! I'd love to have half as many followers as I do posts, so I'm going to do a giveaway! If you are a follower by the time I have my 50th post, and you comment on that post (even with a smiley face) I will put your name in the pot to win a $15 gift card from Borders. I'll also give away a couple of ARC's. I'll come up with a list and let the winner pick!
Shameless, aren't I?