5/10/2009

Mother...Scratcher

On iTunes: Nothing. I know. I'm shocked, too.

Heart Status: Owwwwwwwwwwww


1. I have three book reviews to write and two interviews for which I need to come up with compelling questions. Can someone give me examples of compelling questions?

2. I am getting ready to go to bed and eat Reese's Pieces while watching Underworld: Evolution and reading the stuff from my CP's that I've had to put off because of my crazy eye issue.

3. I have a crazy eye issue. I scratched the KA-RAP out of my glasses (seriously, like seven scratches) and can't see the computer very well.

4. The Spider Monkey made me a sandcastle. On the kitchen floor. From Parmesan cheese.

5. Let me tell you briefly why mothers don't really want to go out for lunch on Mother's Day. Because inevitably, one of the children involved will pitch a god-awful hissy fit requiring a trip to the bathroom for "a talk," where Dear Husband will be reprimanded by jacked up 'roid rage acquaintance three times bigger than him (so...dude was BIG) for being too harsh, leading to said child continuing to do whatever the heck he wants at the table while DH tries not to have a panic attack and no one enjoys their pancakes and by the time mom ends up leaving The Crack she's all sweaty.

6. Yes, that really happened.

7. My Doodlebug was slightly dissed on the playground by his crush. I refrained from hanging her upside down from the monkey bars, because of Mother's Day and all. And because I don't think I'd do well in prison.

8. This holiday is good for me on one level and very hurtful on another. I got a sweet, sweet card from a dear friend's mother that made me cry so hard I shook. Sometimes, things just aren't the way you wish they could be. And sometimes you don't know what to do about it.

9. Which is why I'm going to bed at 8:00 with a bunch of candy and some escapist entertainment.

Much love to the members of "my posse" who gave me encouragement today. You know who you are.

6 comments:

  1. *hugs* I avoided the Crack today, for reasons that should be obvious. And (this will now come as NO surprise to you) when I get unwanted parenting interference (It's not advice unless you've asked for it), I put them firmly and quickly in their place.

    Hope your eye feels much better by now. And while this weekend was a mixed emotional bag for you, I hope the ups outweighed the downs.

    Esp. since I was totally fangirling your mss like whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you fangirl (fangurl?) my mss? Did you? I love it. And the ups totally outweighed the downs. I think DH might have put dude in his place if he hadn't been *terrified*. He's heard scary stories @ this guy, so he just let it lie, let it lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myra, in our state you can get arrested for disciplining a child in public, so all I can do in those situations is whisper in my child's ear, "if you don't stop it, you'll get a s***ing when we get home." Your husband did well to hold his temper.

    Of course, I have seen other people slap their children around right in the middle of stores and nothing happens to them, but you never know who's going to make an issue of it. And they WILL take your children away.

    I'm sorry you had such a crummy mother's day. And about your poor eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude your boys got tshirts that say, "My mom ROCKS!" 'Nuf said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, who in their right mind would diss the Doodlebug? Seriously.

    Broke my heart to read that.

    Don't let me find out who she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude your boys got tshirts that say, "My mom ROCKS!" 'Nuf said.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: