4/30/2009

Random Thursday Night Thoughts About Yahoos

On iTunes: Begin the Beguine by Artie Shaw and Orchestra (this song generally mellows me out...we'll see if it works today)

Heart Status: A little pissy

1. I want to write. My family is NOT cooperating. My wee one is sick and snuggly and I love to oblige him, but my mind is racing. It was a no-nap day, too, because we were at the doctor for the second time this week (only to be told "it's viral," which basically translates to "bend over").

2. I have now killed my fourth ending. I'm practically the writer's version of a mafia don. Or is that a mafioso don? And am I supposed to italicize don? Capitalize it? Look over my shoulder due to my presumptuous nature for the little red dot that indicates a high powered rifle is in my vicinity?

3. A blog post from Janet Reid about social interactions with agents made me a little nervous. Not that I'm worried about running into any agents at the doctor's office or the pharmacy, the only two places I've been since Sunday.

4. What's your definition of a "yahoo?" What is quirky and what is just plain weird? I like to think I have enough professional wherewithal that in case I ever met an agent I wanted to represent me I wouldn't talk about my "Edward on a Stick" or any inappropriate body parts...but it would probably depend on the day. Feel free to weigh in, especially those who know me. Or those who wish you didn't.

5. My children have filled up the whirlpool tub, put on their swim goggles and are diving for...inappropriate body parts.

6. My husband is pointing at the sopping wet bathroom and saying something about buckling sub floors. I am smiling and nodding and wondering why he doesn't notice I have in ear buds.

7. This is why I can't settle on an ending. Interruptions. Naked people. Sub floors.

Yahoos.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful to know you, Myra, and to have reconnected with you again. An agent should only be so lucky as to socialize with you AND hear your thoughts on inappropriate body parts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...I love y'all too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with children who speak of inappropriate body parts...
    Liked your contest entry over at Murphblog!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be fine. You won't be one of those YAHOOS who stalks an agent to the restroom and shoves their manuscript under the stall door. Yes, that's a true story. NO, it wasn't me. =D

    I think people who forget to care about anything other than what is currently most important to them fall under the definition of Yahoo. Also idiots. And those with mullets.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with children who speak of inappropriate body parts...
    Liked your contest entry over at Murphblog!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: