4/28/2009

Grrr

On iTunes: Newborn by Muse

Heart Status: Did grrr not cover it?


I really wish I kick boxed. I would beat the zippitty doo dah out of a punching bag if I had one. Or I wish I was a runner. If I was, I would run - really, really fast. I'm not a runner for four reasons; two of them are knees. You can guess the other two. My ususal dance break isn't going to cut it right now unless I do some serious head banging, and I don't want to jar anything loose. I might need it when my hope returns and I get back to business.

I'm really mad at my rough draft. I'm really mad at my husband for continuing to interrupt me because he thinks it's funny. (Guess what? The Spider Monkey learned a new word tonight. It starts with "a" and ends with "hole.") I'm really mad because I'm not a prolific genius with a posse that includes a witty sidekick critique partner and a hot male cheerleader.

And I'm really mad they cancelled "In Living Color" before I got to try out to be a Fly Girl.

6 comments:

  1. Husbands! How did they get into this equation, I wonder? Why didn't we realize what a pain in the a** they'd be when we decided to write, and just stay single?

    Oh, wait a minute, your hubby's really hot (at least I think he is, judging from your FB profile photo.) Of course you didn't realize that! You were just after his body, I get it. Just like me and my DH.

    Don't get too angry with your rough draft. It is what it is. At least it isn't an Isn't or a Wasn't. "For a wasn't hasn't any fun, no he doesn't." (a la Dr. Seuss.)

    Deep breath. Bubble bath. Maybe you can find a way to distract DH from bothering you. Baywatch reruns usually work on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! He's a cutie alright, but he won't even read the back of a cereal box. He tries to get the writing thing, and usually he's awesome, hanging with the boys so I can do my thing, but yesterday...grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cracked me up in this post!

    It's fun being disturbed while in mid-world-altering thought, isn't it?

    Fun read!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy: Disturbed is right. Today I'm talking to my main characters, out loud, while catching up on laundry. How bad is it when you have to do three bleach loads? Glad I could give a laugh...have a joyful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll get there. I'm on my FIFTH version of my ending, but I think this is the one. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cracked me up in this post!

    It's fun being disturbed while in mid-world-altering thought, isn't it?

    Fun read!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: