3/12/2009

Sorry, Folks

-
I'm pretty sure people don't read my posts. Mostly because I haven't given anyone this web address. Not that I think anyone would read them if I did, but one can always hope, right? So, I'm sure all of you non-existent readers out there won't mind if I deviate from the intended purpose of the blog and talk about something besides writing today. Here goes.

The Spider Monkey was working a puzzle at church and got frustrated. To express his displeasure he said... "son of a b*tch."

Yes, really.

I was embarrassed, but somewhat encouraged that the particular phrase he uttered is not one I tend to use. It's generally reserved for Dear Husband when he's frustrated. But probably not anymore. You could say it threw me off. And it was a bummer, too, because I had just had the most precious of revelations at Bible study. I discovered this scripture:


"If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot
From doing your own pleasure on My holy day,
And call the sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable,
And honor it, desisting from your own ways,
From speaking your own pleasure,
And speaking your own word,
Then you will take delight in the LORD,
And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;
And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father,
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."
Isaiah 58: 13, 14
-
Rarely do I turn my foot from doing my own pleasure. Or speaking it either, I think I just covered that in the above paragraphs. My own words are actually worthless (and occasionally offensive).
-
But my Creator tells me that if I delight in Him He will make me ride on the heights of the earth. No magic carpet needed, just delighting in the Lord will do. This means He wants my time, relationship with me, because He wants to give me His best. So I can fly high.
-
An essay by Tyler Thompson, the second place winner of the 2009 Jerry B. Jenkins Writer Awards, led me to that verse. Click here to read it. Christian agents should be all over this kid like flies on...like white on rice.
-
So thanks for letting me deviate, and tomorrow I'll write something prolific about query letters. Because I don't care what anyone says, they are worse than bikini waxes.
-

5 comments:

  1. ummm Yes I do read your blog. I even have it marked as an RSS feed so I know when you update it. I check in quite frequently although it has been a little while and I just now found out you are blogging again. So glad I will get the musings of Myra. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you will get the musings of Myra. Don't you get enough already - real, live and in person?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never forget the first time my son swore. It also was the last, thankfully, at least so far. He was two and was reaching for something he couldn't quite get and said, "Oh, dammit!" At least he used it appropriately. I had a little chat with my husband when he came home that night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never forget the first time my son swore. It also was the last, thankfully, at least so far. He was two and was reaching for something he couldn't quite get and said, "Oh, dammit!" At least he used it appropriately. I had a little chat with my husband when he came home that night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm Yes I do read your blog. I even have it marked as an RSS feed so I know when you update it. I check in quite frequently although it has been a little while and I just now found out you are blogging again. So glad I will get the musings of Myra. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: