7/28/2008

Insecurity

-
It's one of those days.

A day that I sit and stare at the words on my computer screen in complete horror, convinced that I have made a terrible mistake, that I will never write one word that anyone else would ever want to read, much less pay money for.

A day when I'm convinced my friends are whispering behind my back, "Poor girl. She actually thinks she's good at this."

A day where I ask myself, "Why did I quit my job? Oh my holy crap, what was I thinking? Do I unknowingly indulge in illicit drugs in my sleep, like those people on news shows that sleepwalk and mindlessly eat? And if I do, in fact, indulge in illicit drugs, how am I paying for them?"

It's days like these when I am saved by that flickering flame that hides in my heart, that persistent little voice. The one that says - do it. Just write. The words will come.

I sure hope that voice knows what it's talking about.
-

3 comments:

  1. And look at where you are, just a year and a half later.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Print this out and file it next to your book contract. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The voice must know, your novel is coming out soon:)I can't wait to read it, it's on my Debut Author 2011 Challenge list and I am more than eager to write my review about it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us everything: